Re: [OM] Fuji NPX (was A difficult assignment)

Subject: Re: [OM] Fuji NPX (was A difficult assignment)
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:33:23 -0800
Thanks, Hans. I'll study those after work.

At what resolution were the negatives scanned?

Tris

: You seem to have experience with the new NPX emulsion from Fuji. Care to
: fill me in, or show some work with it? I'm always on the lookout for
: something with speed for the street.

I only did one session with this film, of a Girls Wanna Have Fun concert at
the Panama theatre in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, stage lighting was so
terrible that even pushed at 1600, using the Tamron 35-105/2.8 & 180/2.4
lenses wide open, I could not get 1/250 sec. I made the mistake to leave the
camera at manual 1/250; I really should have used auto mode and exposure
compensation. Most of the shots were underexposed; only a couple were worth
viewing imho and here are three of them:

http://www.e-sif.net/portfolio/gwhf/gwhf_panama_web_1.jpg
http://www.e-sif.net/portfolio/gwhf/gwhf_panama_web_2.jpg
http://www.e-sif.net/portfolio/gwhf/gwhf_panama_web_3.jpg

So this is by no means representative of what the film can do; they do show
however that pushed +1 there is less grain than a 1600 ASA film would give.

hnz