[OM] UK camera shops

Subject: [OM] UK camera shops
From: Chris Barrett <cpbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:50:07 -0000
John Palmer wrote:

"Beware Mr. Cad, or at least "his" website. As far as I can see the Oly
list never gets updated. I got very excited when I found a 50/1.2
listed, rang up and was told "It's just gone, sir". Fair enough, it
might have done. But I was less impressed when it was still listed a
week later. And again when I looked recently, several months later. If
you want something you might as well ring them regardless of the
website. I've no idea what they are like to deal with.

MXV (www.mxv.co,uk) and Ffordes (www.ffordes.co.uk)  are both
excellent and keep their website up to date."

Mr CAD do indeed seem to be slipping in updating their OM gear listing. The
hard case for 200mm f/4 I bought several months ago is still listed.

Ffordes look to be doing the best.

But John, I'm sorry I have to disagree with you about MXV. Very little of their
listed stock is available. They just add new stock to their listing making it
look like they have vast stocks. Currently you will find the only items thay
are remotely likely to have in stock are items with numbers over about 41000.

Personally I dislike this in a supplier. It makes me wonder how honest they are
in other respects.

Chris Barrett
Malvern