Re: [OM] OM....lenshoods

Subject: Re: [OM] OM....lenshoods
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 07:35:51 -0000
John Duggan helpfully posted listed of lens hoods from UK retailers
Mr. Cad, MXV and Ffordes.

Beware Mr. Cad, or at least "his" website. As far as I can see the Oly
list never gets updated. I got very excited when I found a 50/1.2
listed, rang up and was told "It's just gone, sir". Fair enough, it
might have done. But I was less impressed when it was still listed a
week later. And again when I looked recently, several months later. If
you want something you might as well ring them regardless of the
website. I've no idea what they are like to deal with.

MXV (www.mxv.co,uk) and Ffordes (www.ffordes.co.uk)  are both
excellent and keep their website up to date.

Ace cameras of Bath (www.acecameras.co.uk) are also excellent, but
their web list  doesn't get updated much. They just list "Various
hoods from GBP10", which is commendably honest.

And by the way, last week Ffordes listed the 20/2 and 38/2.8 macro
lenses.

John