Re: [OM] Self timer

Subject: Re: [OM] Self timer
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:36:57 -0500
First test:  take lens off, wind shutter, then carefully lift edge of mirror
up.  Does mirror hit a stop about halfway up?  If not, the mirror magnet is
not working.  Without this, self timer cannot hold the mirror partway for
it's delay.
If the mirror does stop halfway, try rocking the selector switch back and
forth. This may clean the self timer contacts temporarily.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000