Re: [OM] Polarisers?

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarisers?
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:01:45 +0100
Do some cameras like those above require a specific polariser if one is to be used and if so, would it be OK if I attached my C.POL to the OM2n (it works great with the OM10).

I think the only ones of the singledigits to *require* a C-POL are OM-2S, 3(Ti) and 4(Ti). Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, there's no disadvantage to using the C-POL with other models, considering it's the filter you've got.

Am i right in stating that you have more control over reflections on you subject/s with a polarizing lens than a L.POL (as there is only a linear grating insted of a circular one)?

I haven't noticed any difference in use or behaviour between a C-POL and an L-POL.

Ive got a natural density NDx4 (Hoya) filter as well. Im new to ND's and what circumstances could I use this in?

F.ex in strong light, when you need to stop down more than physically possible or you want to force a shallow DOF. They also come in x1 and x2 for less effect.

Ive already taken pictures of the midday sun with both my C.POL and the NDx4 of the sun in pure daylight (obviously to gain correct exposure).

Well, then you already master it :-)

Cheers
Henrik Dahl