Re ;-) [OM] Shade for 50/1.2

Subject: Re ;-) [OM] Shade for 50/1.2
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:57:15 +1300
Must be something about this group.

I find I read every digest even if it's full of Bull.

All my 49mm Æ lens-hoods are screw-in!

They are labelled as for 2/40mm, 2/85mm, 2.8/100mm Japan (for good measure)

The Zuiko "Design concept" book gives the Æ of the 50/1.2 lens as 49mm, so, since the angle of view is the same as the other 50mm lenses it should work fine. It also works fine on my Koni-Omega RapidM 90mm lens which takes a 49mmÆ screw-in filter.

Doesn't work with the 24/2.8 (vignetting) but *might* be OK with the 35.

The only other OM rubber lenshoods I have are the slip-on 35-105 (which was a dreadful slip-off fall-to-bits unit until I Loctite'd all the bits together); and a rather pointless very wide job for the 35 shift which is also labelled as being OK for the 21mm 3.5.. It's so wide I don't see how it can give any useful shading - but one never knows ;-)

The 55mm slip-on works OK on Mamiya Press and Linhof lenses as well, and I slip it over the built-in lens hood of other lenses to give added shading, if it fits.

Brian