[OM] OT Coffee again

Subject: [OM] OT Coffee again
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:01:59 -0800 (PST)
Ok, for you zuiko/coffee-holics in the USA:

CARDONA Supremo Blend
Distributed by COFFEE USA CORP, TOPEKA KS 66619
UPC: 59627-64506

This makes the smoothest, non-bitter expresso (espresso) and
clean flavoured regular coffee out there.  I find that it is a
tad "thin" in drip makers, but is awesome in the expresso maker.

Fill the grounds tray with the first scoop and lightly tamp it
with the spoon and then fill the rest and just tamp it lightly a
few times with the spoon to get the grounds to settle without
getting turned into a brick afterwords.  Do not over fill the
water but start out exactly with the four serving mark.

Oh, and most critical about the CARDONA:  Do NOT refridgerate
the grounds after opening.  I use a glass container that seals
very tightly.  Cold grounds will result in bitterness.

For that matter, make sure everything is warm.  Pre-rinse the
maker with hot water from the sink faucet. This gets rid of any
oxidation inside the aluminum tank and any residual water from
the last usage.  Anything cool will turn the coffee bitter.

Doing a half-pot does make for a richer cup, but isn't nearly as
hot.  Don't want to nuke it.

Just had an awesome cup (quadripple espresso!) a few minutes
ago. Had to write about it.

Nope not a single thing Olympus about this post.

AG-Wired!-Schnozz