Re: [OM] UniGrip experience?

Subject: Re: [OM] UniGrip experience?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 22:25:53 +0000
At 06:37 11/3/01, Chris wrote:
I was tempted for a moment to order one... until PayPal became part of the deal.

Chris

You can send a check or MO too . . . or directly use one of the credit cards listed. Works OK if you have one of the cards or your country reciprocates with the U.S. International Postal MO's (I've done this with a sale going to Japan). The trick from outside the U.S. is working around money exchanges without it costing an arm and a leg.

From the description, they look like they're built pretty solid. Sounds like the guy started by designing and making them for his own camera(s) and it must have mushroomed from there. As someone else mentioned it's NEW equipment, not used.

This is not high volume production work. It's a very low volume semi-custom product, undoubtedly comparatively high in labor content, and that is always more costly. The prototype runs we make where I work are very, very costly compared to high volume production runs, even if we use "production intent" methods and processes for nearly all of the work. The cost driver is building just a few of the item instead of thousands.

Note that the saltiest one is for the Leica crowd (I wonder why)!

-- John