Re: [OM] OM-4/4T modifications?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4/4T modifications?
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:55:08 EST
In a message dated 10/31/01 8:32:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Doesn't work for the self-timer countdown beeps

The tab pushed one way disengages the beep that occurs when your camera is
metering a scene that is over or under exposed, or when you detach or attach
a lens.  Pushed the other way, the self-timer starts when you press the
shutter release.  As far as I know you can't disable the beep for the
self-timer.

If you are walking around with the lens cap off and the meter has not yet
shut off on it's own, the camera will beep if it sees light too bright or too
dim for the settings you have made to aperture if you are in auto mode.  I
can't remember all of the other things that cause the beep, but if you want
to be somewhat discreet you can shut it off for all but self-timer.

Dave Dougherty