Re: [OM] Pro-Optic 500mm f5.6

Subject: Re: [OM] Pro-Optic 500mm f5.6
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:09:58 +0000
I've got a Hanimex 500/8 mirror lens (which is a ridiculous misnomer,
isn't it?), and also the Vivitar that Bill has.  The Vivitar is much
more contrasty and sharp, but weighs about five times as much as the
Hanimex, and that's really the only reason I have the Hanimex.  It's
_much_ more fun backpacking with a lens weighing a few hundred grammes
than one weighing two kilos.  If weight's not a consideration, go for a
glass lens would be my advice.

Roger