Re: [OM] Digital Camera Recommendations?

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Camera Recommendations?
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:40:31 EST
In a message dated 10/29/01 9:41:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gerhardt@xxxxxxxx writes:

I am interested in finally breaking down and purchasing a digital camera

I recently spent some time and had lots of input from the list re. getting a
digital camera.  I ended up with an Olympus C4040.  It is a 4.1 Megapixel
camera with 3x optical zoom.  It has many useful features and is very light
weight; uses AA rechargable batteries.  It uses SmartMedia cards.  You will
need to spend at the top end of your purchase price range, but for your
application I think you will be very pleased with the photos it produces.

There are several reviews of the camera on the net.  I got mine from an eBay
store new with US Warranty card and all bundled items as shipped from Camedia
in the factory packaging, sealed.

I'm sure you will get other opinions about this, and finally you will have to
"punt" and go for it.  I did and the photos are real nice.

Dave Dougherty