Re: AW: [OM] 2nd curtain synchro on OM-1

Subject: Re: AW: [OM] 2nd curtain synchro on OM-1
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:37:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Dr. Rainer Wagner wrote:

> When I saw exactly the peak action I wanted, I'd press the "test" button on
> the camera-mounted flash. Both flash units would fire; the TTL system would
> control them for correct flash exposure; and the sudden burst of light would
> terminate the ambient-light exposure immediately afterward!

I'm not sure if the same trick would work as described with an OM TTL
flash system, but you could do a variation on the theme with any camera
that has a "B" setting.

Just lock open the shutter with a cable release, fire the flash manually
then immediately unlock the cable release to close the shutter.  You'd
have to use "normal" auto flash or determine the correct power
setting/aperture beforehand.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |