Re: [OM] om 1 on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] om 1 on ebay
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:19:18 -0500
Some floating spots are under the paint and hard to see while looking at the
outside of the prism.  Other patches are caused by deteriorating foam.
These can be cleaned off, most often to the liking of the user.  A  replaced
prism (done on an exchange basis, I keep the old prism for future possible
resilvering)  adds $45 to the repair price.
If the meter calibration had never been changed, putting a 1.55V alkaline
cell in will cause up to a 3 stop error.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000