Re: [OM] semi (ot) why the hell do people engrave things on cameras/lens

Subject: Re: [OM] semi (ot) why the hell do people engrave things on cameras/lenses
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 12:48:26 -0000
I have an Olympus Om1n in almost mint condition apart from engraving. A
previous owner has engraved his/her postcode on the camera. Luckily,
however, the postcode - a seven digit/letter combination is engraved  neatly
inside the film cassette chamber. As such it causes no problems but as
previously stated it serves no useful purpose.
                                    Regards, John Duggan, Wales, UK.