[OM] 400 advice

Subject: [OM] 400 advice
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 10:25:06 -0500
I have an opportunity to pick up a Zuiko 400/6.3. The owner says it is
missing the 'press plate' on the Tripod mount (he doesn't speak English
well).  He knows that is the wrong term, but doesn't know what the right
term is.

Can anyone who has seen this lens advise me on what this part is?  He says
he has one on order from Olympus Japan. Whatever they are, are they still
available?

Also, is it the same tripod right as the 300/4.5 and 65-116 tube?

Most importantly, is the lens any good?

Thanks!

Tom