Re: [OM] Why is this a collector's item ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why is this a collector's item ?
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:06:40 -0400
> This lens only came on the OM-F and it represent's
> Olympus's first attempt at autofocus. It only works on
> the OM-F as well I think. I have never seen one on
> e-bay so this is a very rare lens even though its not
> particularly useful or valuable. Basically I would
> only get it if I had an OM-F (which is an OM-10
> variant). Check the e-sif site for more.

This particular lens will work on any OM body. Take a look at the housing
underneath the lens barrel. That is where, I presume, the autofocus motor
resides and also the buttons that the user has to press to control the
focus. I think you may be correct that this is a fairly uncommon lens, as I
haven't seen very many on E-bay either. However, I don't think its that
sought after. If I ever have a chance to pick up a decent example for a good
price, I'll probably do it just for the sake that this is an unusual lens in
the Zuiko line-up. However, in this case, I think the price will end up
being more than what I'd be willing to pay.

Just my $0.02,

Bruce

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada