Re: [OM] Stacking diopter lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Stacking diopter lenses
From: zuikosis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:25:27 -0400
Dear Bill -

I think you are talking about negative-power concave supplementary
lenses right ?  If you put a reducing lens over your camera lens
then you'll increase the focal length. According to my Field Photograpy book by
Alfred A. Blaker you will need to increase the
extension of the camera lens from the film plane.  A bellows will
work well for this.

Where can you find the negative diopter concave supplementary lenses?
I would like to try this !

-- Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Zuiks,
If I stack a -3 and a -4 diopter lens, will the resulting set be a -7
diopter lens?

Thanks!

Bill Stanke