Re: [OM] Service guys in the UK?

Subject: Re: [OM] Service guys in the UK?
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:49:07 +0100
Paul Linford says:

Dear OM - lovers

I have an OM-2SP, a 50mm/1.4 and a 35-SP Rangefinder which require
some T=
LC
at the service centre.

Does anyone have recommedations for a service repair guy or gal in the
UK
please?
<<<<<

I have had several bits serviced or repaired by Luton Cameras, who are
Olympus approved service agents, and would have no hesitation in
recommending them. Being Oly-approved, they do charge standard Oly
prices  - for example just this morning I dropped off a 28/2.8 with a
sticky diaphragm in and it will cost GBP25 to sort out. Their main
place is in Luton (surprise!) and they have a small outlet in Bristol
which is the one I go to. They are always extremely helpful.

Their phone no. is 01179 550541 (Bristol) and their possibly out of
date business card gives their website as www.lutcamre.demon.co.uk .
If you phone Oly UK they will give you a list of their approved
service agents. If you join the Olympus Camera Club, which if memory
serves costs about a tenner, you get 100ff service charges (but not
parts) from the approved guys. Post if you're interested and I'll dig
out the details.

I've been away from the list for a few weeks, like several others it
seems. It's nice to be back!

John

PS I've just spotted where you are. I think one of the approved agents
is in Colchester, but I have no experience of them.