RE: [OM] cameras

Subject: RE: [OM] cameras
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:09:40 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Dacey

>>>I know what you mean. I paid a bit of a premium for 1 of my OM-1n's
(~$200
>>>but it had a nice 50/1.8 and the neverready case). The other one was a
bit
>>>better (I think it was around $150 or $165). The best one that I got was
an
>>>OM-1n in pretty good shape (except for some engraving on the bottom) with
>>>pretty decent example of a 85/2 (bit of wear, but the glass is sweet) all
>>>for $250. When you consider that good condition examples for the 85/2 can
go
>>>for that much if not more, then I basically got that body for free.

I've been both a sucker for looks, and patient enough to get a good deal.
Got a chrome 1n about eight months ago that literally looks and feels brand
new... paid dearly for it (spur of the moment. lust, no self control, you
know) to the tune of $329 with a decent 50/1.4 on it.  Then, just about a
month ago, I snagged a very nice black 1n from the dread Evilbay with a
generic (sigma?) 35-70 zoom on it for $188.  The black 1n is a little dirty
(more from neglect, I think), but it's functionally perfect, and the foam
appears to be OK.

Jim  8^)