Re: [OM] (ot) 31 special edition Leicas

Subject: Re: [OM] (ot) 31 special edition Leicas
From: ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:20:15 -0400
In <l03130300b7f970a1d69b@[203.62.227.184]>, on 10/22/01 at 05:04 PM,
   andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>My CL cost me $800 with a 40mm Summicron-C (and that 40/2 is a long way
>ahead of a certain collectible, optically) so you can get in cheaper!

I have a vivid memory of the review of the CL and its two lenses when it
first appeared. One of the claims made was that the lenses were just
about the best lenses Leitz ever produced. How does that benchmark hold
up against present standards?

All I know is that the slides my cl-owning friend took were as crisp as
the Rollei 35 [Sonnar] I took at the time -- and I chastise myself for
selling the Rollei some time later.