Re: [OM] webring

Subject: Re: [OM] webring
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:56:53 +0200
: I just got a message that the webring is moving from yahoo.  According to
: the directions, each member must go to a website and move their part of
the
: ring, is this correct?  If so,  what is the name of our webring?

I already took care of the administrative part of moving the Olympus OM Web
Ring to the new location. Webring members should follow the instructions
sent to them when they want to be able to manage the description and url of
their site in the future.

The name of the ring obviously remains the same.

The new url for the ring 'hub' is:
http://f.webring.com/hub?ring=olympusom

The only thing that does not seem to work anymore (or yet) is the JavaScript
navigation bar code, even if you get the new code and use that. However, the
old style (html) code that still uses the www.webring.org addresses (which
was the original source before it was taken over [and now dumped] by Y*h**)
still work.

This old style code should be something like:

<center>
This <a href="http://go.webring.org/go?ring=olympusom;home";>Olympus OM
Webring</a> site owned by
[
 <a
href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=olympusom;id=MYID;prev5";>P
revious 5 Sites</a>

 <a
href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=olympusom;id=MYID;prev";>Pr
evious</a>

 <a
href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=olympusom;id=MYID;next";>Ne
xt</a>

 <a
href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=olympusom;id=MYID;next5";>N
ext 5 Sites</a>

 <a
href="http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=olympusom;random";>Random
Site</a>

Sites</a>
]
</center>

Where MYID must be replaced by the numeric value of your position in the
webring (visible on the Webring Hub page when you hold the mouse over the
link to your site and look at the status bar); also the part
MY_EMAIL_ADRESS@MY_PROVIDER">MY NAME must be replaced with the proper
values.

People who never 'upgraded' to the Y*h** webring navigation bar don't have
to take any action on their code.

hnz