Re: [OM] extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] extension tubes
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:15:17 +0200
: Does anyone of you folks know about the following extension tubes :
: 12mm Foca, 20mm Foca,  20mm Makinon, 36mm Foca ?
: Do you know if they are automatic or not ?

That can easily be determined. They must have the same two moving levers on
both sides as the lenses. If you mount a lens and stop it down, the aperture
must stay open. If it closes, it is a manual tube.

: I can have them second hand for a good price,
: certainly for a lot less than original OM tubes.
: I figure, there is no glass in them, so there is not much that can be
wrong.
: Or am I missing something here ?

One possible pitfall (also true for off-brand lenses): if you have an
OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti) you must make sure the tubes only have three screws in
the lens mount. If there are four, they may damage the spot reset button.
This can be fixed however by filling one screw hole with epoxy.

hnz