Re: [OM] RE: KEH bargain lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: KEH bargain lenses
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:20:34 -0400
At 04:24 PM 10/15/2001 +0100, you wrote:
My 2 cents is that KEH bargain lenses have things wrong with them, so if you're a perfectionist they probably won't be to your standards. However, if you're looking for a good price on a lens that you can return if you don't like it, KEH fits the bill. That return period goes by really fast, though, so I'd second the advice to check out the lens as soon as it arrives.

I believe that KEH's description of "bargain" lenses says that they may have flaws.

Someone mentioned having a KEH sales person look at the lens. When I called up last year asking about Oly 85mm's, the salesperson told me the lenses were in the warehouse and that they couldn't give me any more info on them at all. (I was trying to figure out if they had an MC version...) I sent KEH an email complaining about this, and never received a response. How does one get to talk to a person who actually can look at the lens?

Part of the routine at KEH is that someone comes from the warehouse to the sales department at a certain time each day to find out which pieces the sales people need to see. There was one saleslady there who regularly got lenses and cameras out of the warehouse to describe for me. She's gone now, but the last person I dealt with did the same thing. This time, I happened to be going there, anyway, and she actually let me take the camera with me. I've never known them to do that; it's strictly against their rules. I guess it depends on who you get. Try asking for Gail.

John

-Dick