Re: [OM] Re: Silvernose lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Silvernose lenses
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:37:54 -0700
Tom,

I remember the first photograph that I saw taken with a fisheye lens.
It was in National Geographic, and was taken from the floor of a state
routunda, pointed straight up at the ceiling.

Shot was taken with a 6 mm N*kk*or.  As I recall, the mirror had to be
locked up, in order to mount the lens.  The author indicated that N*k*n
had estimated the world-wide need for fisheyes to be only a few units.
As I recall, the original purpose of the lens was to inspect the
interior of pipes, (such as sewer pipes).

Anybody else remember this?

Bill Stanke