Re: [OM] Using a T32 to MANUALLY fill shadows (was TTL Flash)

Subject: Re: [OM] Using a T32 to MANUALLY fill shadows (was TTL Flash)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 06:34:01 -0500
If a word: diffraction.

Here's a quote I found in a quick search:

"When a beam of parallel light passes through a circular aperture it
spreads out a little, a phenomenon known as diffraction.  The smaller
the aperture, the more the spreading. "

with more detail (most of which I don't understand) at:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/rec-photo/lenses/tutorial/

Tom