Re: [OM] Polarizers

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarizers
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:01:47 +0200
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 11:41:07AM -0500, Jerry Smith wrote:
>    Hi all,
> How do you tell the difference between a circular and linear polarizer
> filter? I bought a used Tiffen, a while back, but didn't know there was a
> difference at the time.

You can try out in front of a mirror. Look through the filter at the picture in
the mirror
of the filter. Then look through the filter in the other direction. When it is
circular-one,
then in one case the image of the filter is pure black. Where as a linear
filter apears
translucent in both directions.

Frieder Faig