Re: [OM] OM2n, Shoe 4 & T20 Flash Combo!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2n, Shoe 4 & T20 Flash Combo!
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:52:27 -0400
Another possibility is the tiny contact inside the top cover (made of a too
soft metal) that the pin on the hot shoe presses against.  If there is foam
pressed against the prism, it (always) deteriorates and gets the goo on the
contact.  Or, contact has corroded from age, or contact is bent down so it
so longer touches pin.  Attempting to clean these tiny contacts often bends
them down too.

John  Hermanson
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000