Re: AW: [OM] Re: 8mm on eBay

Subject: Re: AW: [OM] Re: 8mm on eBay
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 23:08:48 -0400
I've used the 8mm/2.8 to do immersive panoramas. Theoretically, you can use only 2 images, but it's not easy, especially since the Zuiko only has a 179 deg FOV. But unless you use expensive IPIX tools, they're aren't any legal tools to stitch 2 fisheye images together. (Panorama Tools will do it, but you have to get the version from outside of the EU.)

Practically, you need at least 3 images. Plus a zeinith and nadir (pointed straight down) to get good stitching at these two axes.

If anyone's interested, there is a link page on my website to several resources using the Panorama Tools toolset.

I use the 16mm Zuiko, which takes 5-6 horizontal images, plus two for the up/down areas and stitch it together with Panorama Tools. There are a few test panos on my website, but I'm currently working on revamping them. These were taken with the 8mm/2.8.

Skip

****** I M P O R T A N T   R E P L Y   I N F O ************
Please adddress ALL offlist messages to skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx
This hotmail.com email address is ONLY used for this mailing list subscription and I will probably not notice any private messages addressed here.