Re: [[OM] ot more on slide viewer]

Subject: Re: [[OM] ot more on slide viewer]
From: Craig Cunningham <craig.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
Date: 8 Oct 2001 21:19:46 CDT
Wayne,

This thread also got me looking at my options for viewing slides. After
reading some of the initial responses, I started surfing on a couple of the
web retailer sites to see what's out there.

I found the following item to be somewhat intriguing:
http://www.adorama.com/details.tpl?cart=996908109183748&sku=KKSVM&disp_main-category=Audio
                   0sual&disp_category=Viewers&disp_Sub-Category=

Here's the plain text description:

New! Kodak Mini Slide Viewer     $39.95 at Adorama
Small, hand-held, high quality, very bright light source for viewing 35mm
slides and film strips. Useful in many applications including medical,
business, advertising and art. It is a convenient and affordable tool.
Cold, cathode fluorescent lamp with 10,000 hour lamp life, and 5000º Kelvin
temperature. Powered by 4 AAA batteries, Light Stage Size: 1.6"x1.04",
Dimensions: 2.8"x3.8"x7".

Here's the link for Kodak's FAQ on this viewer:
http://www.kodak.com/country/US/en/digital/av/slideViewerFaq.shtml

Although this viewer only takes one slide at a time (no tray or load/eject
mechanism), and doesn't appear to have offer magnification, it looks like it'd
provide fairly accurate color, and might work nicely in conjunction with your
Zuiko 50mm 1.8 as a loupe.

Just thought you might like another option.

 - Craig

Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        Thanks to those who replied concerning a slide viewer. I appreciate the
advice on using my 50mm 1.8 as a loupe as I hadn't heard of that before.
I have a kodak projector, but wanted a hand held viewer I can use to go
through many slides I don't have in trays (and no room for more trays).
I don't mind if it only takes one slide at a time, but I want something
that magnifies (for 50 year old eyes) and gives good lighting, and one
that doesn't require natural light, so I can use it on long winter
nights.
        I have 28 year old Kodachrome 64 slides that are perfect from my
original Olympus RC. I still use quite a bit of Kodachrome 64. Old
habits die hard I guess.