Re: [OM] ot more on slide viewer

Subject: Re: [OM] ot more on slide viewer
From: "Christopher L. Tabby" <tabbycl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:07:53 -0600
        Thanks to those who replied concerning a slide viewer. I appreciate the
advice on using my 50mm 1.8 as a loupe as I hadn't heard of that before.
I have a kodak projector, but wanted a hand held viewer I can use to go
through many slides I don't have in trays (and no room for more trays).
I don't mind if it only takes one slide at a time, but I want something
that magnifies (for 50 year old eyes) and gives good lighting, and one
that doesn't require natural light, so I can use it on long winter
nights.

Wayne,

I use a Pana-Vue lighted viewer that uses two d-cell batteries. It does magnify and has a transport mechanism that shuttles slides between the magnifier and the light. It is NOT a precision machine. Here is a listing from http://www.link4pc.com/cameras/category/slideviewing.html

PANAVUE AUTOMATIC VIEWER REQUIRES 2-D BATT OR AC ADAP 30372 $29.99

I think it is distributed by the ARGRAPH CORP now.  Try searching on Google.

Please report back to the list if you find something good. My eyes are even older!

Chris T.