Re: [OM] Stop me before I buy again

Subject: Re: [OM] Stop me before I buy again
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 17:14:54 +0200
Hi Martin,

I think 600$ is a little too much for a champagne OM4Ti. Used champagne models
are generally cheaper than the much wanted black model. Technically, is it hard
to find a reason for that.

The german FoMag list (http://www.fotomagazin.de/) contains a lot of used photo
equipment prices based on consumer and shop ads in their magazine, and lists
the champagne model with 1100 DEM (515$) and the black model with 1400 DEM
(656$).

But if it is a particularly mint model, 600$ might still be ok. I just saw a
new OM4Ti black for some 1400$ at a Copenhagen shop (www.kamerahuset.dk).

I can't quite understand why you got the information that the OM4Ti has went
out of production. It's still on Olympus' homepage, such is the OM3Ti and the
OM2000 (the latter for any reason is not available on the Danish homepage).

Regards

Bernd Möller