(Fwd) Re: [OM] C-mount lenses on OMs

Subject: (Fwd) Re: [OM] C-mount lenses on OMs
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 20:13:22 +0000

From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: [OM] C-mount lenses on OMs

On Fri, 05 October 2001, eyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Thanks, Walt, but Tom is right - I meant it the other way around. It
> must be my poor English that's responsible for all the confusion.
> Sorry. I'll try to make it clearer: There is this c-mount 42/1.2 zuiko
> and I was wondering whether I might use it on my om [the slightly wider
> than normal angle, and the 1.2, of course - seems perfect for a
> standard lens]. Adapting the lens for the oly is one side of the
> problem.  The other is whether there are any special "movie camera
> characteristics" of the lens that would make it unsuitable for om use.
>

> --
>
> Zagraj z finalistkami
> Miss Polonia [ http://miss.onet.pl/start.html ]

No, it wasn't your English.  It was clear and I understood what you were
looking for.  It was a combination of a difference in opinion of the proper
terminology between me and Pittsburgh Camera Exchange and my not looking at
the picture closely.  To me, C mount to OM mount conjures up the notion of
putting a C mount lens on an OM camera, not the other way around.  If I had
looked at the picture, I think I might have figured out I had it backwards
-- or they did.

Good luck anyway.
Walt Wayman