Re: [OM] George Lepp Seminar

Subject: Re: [OM] George Lepp Seminar
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:55:41 EDT
In a message dated 10/4/01 8:21:52 PM Central Daylight Time, garyetx@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> Just got an invitation to George's seminar at SMU in November.  $140 for two
>  days of c*n*n sales pitch (at least the last one that I went to was).
>  Still, I will acknowledge that there is more that I can learn, and I did
>  enjoy the last one about 6 years ago.
>
>  Has anyone attended his current series ("Optimize the Possibilities" and
>  "Desktop Digital Darkroom")?

Hi Gary,
I attended Lepp's "Optimize the Possibilities" seminar two years ago. You're
right. It was seven straight hours of Canon autofocus advertising. Still, it
was fun and some of the photos and Lepp's stories, inspirational. The
"Digital Darkroom" would probably be very useful. I've been to two Lepp
seminars and both times he had a show of hands for the different camera
brands. It would be interesting to see his response if about ten or more OM
users raised there hands. Lepp used the OM macro system in the '80's and
wrote several articles about Olympus's macro system in Outdoor Photographer.
I'm probably going to attend one of the seminars.

Gary Faulkenberry