[OM] Screens, Gary, and some film

Subject: [OM] Screens, Gary, and some film
From: "Sue Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 08:59:39 -0500
> From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
> I know I don't pay the utmost attention, but just when did Gary pass
on....
It's sort of an inverse Tony Soprano thing: He declared himself dead to us.

> From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Aren't the screens in most AF cameras clear?
> > From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [OM] screens

> You're kidding, right? So subtle I almost missed it ;-)
We're depending on my memory here, never a good thing. The screens in
wonderbricks are all matte. The brightness of an all matte screen is in
relationship to its "fineness." The more fine the screen, the harder it is
to achieve accurate focus. Their conclusion, not mine.

> From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> But (and I have resisted asking this for over a year) do you have
> something to tell us about your email address - Sue Pearce?
I'm sure that if I knew how to get my own email address, I wouldn't take the
time to do it. She's my wife. Yeah, that's the ticket...........

On film. I just shot my first roll of the new Fuji Neopan Acros. so far,
very impressed. Developed in Xtol, fine grain, although not grainless, but
absolutely NO clumping. Perhaps the most regular, even grain I've ever seen.
Good tonality, too. Disclaimers: this was a sample 120 roll from a Fuji rep.
Just got it back yesterday, so have only seen 5x5 prints, but examined the
negs with a 12x magnifier. Shot a roll of FP4+ for comparison. Very similar,
but the Fuji is better. YMMV.

Bill Pearce