Re: [OM] Vivitar Macro Teleconverter, 1.5 kenko convertor

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Macro Teleconverter, 1.5 kenko convertor
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:58:45 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/01 1:45:19 AM Central Daylight Time, xato0@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Mark, I have a Kenko 1.5x "matched multiplier." But I
>  guess it was matched to the 75-150 zoom as it will
>  vignette over 135mm and physically won't fit 50mm or
>  less. But in it's range it is very sharp. My favorite
>  match up is the Kenko with the 100/2, making a
>  140/2.8--very sharp.

Hi Warren,
Is the 1.5 matched multiplier a Kenko or Kiron? I just bought a box of stuff
that included a Kiron 1.5 matched multiplier and a Tamron 35-105 F2.8 that's
in rough shape. The Kiron look's interesting and hopefully the Tamron can be
repaired. If not, no big deal. I bought the stuff hoping for a Fang. If every
thing does work out, it will be my first Fang purchase. I usually buy on the
opposite side of the price curve. The 100 with 1.5 convertor sounds
promising. I shot a roll last week with the 90 F2.0 Zuiko, 25mm extension
tube, and Zuiko 1.4 convertor. I'll get the slides tomorrow and hopefully
have time to look at them before I go back to Mexico.

Gary Faulkenberry