[OM] Airport Security & Using my OMs

Subject: [OM] Airport Security & Using my OMs
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:47:56 EDT
On a little 5 day trip to Colorado over this past week end I had the
opportunity to pass thru security at both Houston and Denver airports.
Security is tight (that's good) and my request for a hand search of my film
was declined at both airports.  Some of it was x-rayed coming and going and
some only once on the way back.  I'll know in the next day or two what, if
any, notice affect that had on the images.

Was planning on doing some portrait type stuff of my daughter and her fiance
and some scenics.  Kit consisted of an OM 2S, 21mm f2, 35-105 Zuiko, 65-200
Zuiko, 90mm f2.5 Tamron and a Vivitar macro focusing 2X teleconverter.  We
went to Rocky Mountain National Park and had a fabulous time.  Saw among
other things, big horn sheep, antelope (actually saw these on E 470 going
back to the airport), elk and mule deer. Found myself using the 65-200 with
the teleconverter, although I was relatively close to all of the wild life.
Would like to have had a bit faster film (shooting Royal Gold 200) or perhaps
a faster and longer lens.  The aspens were at their peak in the park and I
suspect I'll have a few keepers from the 170 or so images I made this week.
It was great to have take the time to use these tools we all love so much.

An aside on the insurance thread.  Depending on where one lives and what
company you insure with you can either buy a Personal Articles Policy to
cover your camera gear as a seperate policy or add a floater to your existing
homeowners policy (regardless of whether you rent or own your home).
Actually you really don't have to have to have the homeowners policy,
although the agent and their compnay may not be too excited about just
writing the cameras and not the rest of your stuff.  In most states your good
neighbor agent can probably handle it for you as can most any other agent.
Bill Barber