Re: [OM] I Pulled a "Real Stupid"

Subject: Re: [OM] I Pulled a "Real Stupid"
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 14:42:29 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know if this story is in the same category,
because it didn't happen to me; but it is quite sad
and hilarious. I went down to Florida this Summer and
did all the standard stops. This happened in Universal
Studios Florida. I was riding on the Jaws ride. The
guy next to me had an F5 with some really expensive
looking Nikkor Zoom. I had my trusty OM-4 with a
35-70/3.5-4.5 . He gives me a smug superior look, one
of those "I've got a bigger camera than you looks"
Well the ride starts up and we both start taking some
pics. Then the shark jumped up. Well the guy was so
startled he dropped his camera... right into the
shark's mouth! Appparently he had forgotten to put the
neckstrap around his neck where it would have done
some good. Jaws had two victims that day. The guy's
camera and his ego. I feel sorry for him now of course
but then I was LMAO.

Mark Lloyd