RE: [OM] OM-2S flash mistake

Subject: RE: [OM] OM-2S flash mistake
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:57:08 -0600
> I would normally have
> noticed that there was no display in the viewfinder but the restaurant
> was so dim that the display wouldn't have been visible anyway.

 Having done exactly the same thing recently (though admittedly this was
trying to work out if a flash was doing what it should), if you use the
'light viewfinder' button, then the display will be visible even against a
dark background. If nothing shows up, you're on the wrong speed..

 (as for the 'set on B' problem, I've still fired a lot of shots like this
by accident; I guess the trick is to train myself to always press and keep
the button pressed down; I find it can be awkward to distinguish a real
1/60th exposure from a 1/10th finger-time exposure otherwise)

 -- dan