Re: [OM] [OT] Kodachrome vs Provia Was: This Idiot's Back,Kodachrome, a

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Kodachrome vs Provia Was: This Idiot's Back,Kodachrome, and ...
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 04:52:11 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/01 5:21:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Are you sure it's a Fuji film? :)
>  Probably a cheap shot, but it sums up how I feel about Fuji's current
films.
> I will
>  definitely have to give the Provia a try as it sounds like something I
would
> really
>  like. Thanks for the information Chris.

I like it, Jim.  Not that I know anything, but I'm very pleased with the few
shots that came out from my stupidly having my ASA dial at 200 up on Rainier.
 Most were too dark, but the few that came out were great.  I'm thinking of
two in particular.  One of red Indian paintbrush against a green fir tree
background, and another with a very friendly chipmunk posing for me up behind
Sunrise on the Sourdough Ridge Trail.  Great colors.  Don't seem "garish" at
all.  Just stunning.  Gotta get the projector out.

I just bought 10 more rolls.

Just don't forget to set the ASA dial.  DOH!

Rich