[OM] FS: (OM) Beauty and the Beast

Subject: [OM] FS: (OM) Beauty and the Beast
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:01:39 EDT
Yep that's right, Beauty and the Beast.  The beauty is a 90 mm f 2.5 Tamron
SP Macro that gives you razor sharp images focusing down to a little over a
foot. This lens is clean, clean, clean.  Almost no wear apparent anywhere on
the barrel. No brassing on barrel.  Focus is buttery smooth. Has Olympus OM
adaptall mount. Glass is spotless. No flaws. No scratches. No Fog. No fungus.
No cleaning marks. No BS.  Unless you were to find one new, you aren't going
to get much better than this lens.  This is the one that takes 55 mm filters.
 Money back within 10 days if not as described and shipped back in condition
in which it was sent.  Offered at $180 including shipping and insurance in
the USA. Will ship world wide for additional charges.  The beast.  This
actually overstates the situation a bit.  Olympus OM 2S at a price that will
allow you to have it CLA'd and come out right on the deal.  This camera body
is a pretty nice user grade, definitely not a beater.  It has light brassing
in the usual places. At the straps, on the film reminder/back and on one edge
of the bottom plate.  No dents, dings or bullet holes.  You could take this
one home to meet your family.  Had the shutter checked at the Houston camera
show this past week end and it checked out right on the money.  The light
meter is about 1 stop off and is a little erratic, which according to the
technician at the show would probably get taken care of when it was CLA'd.
Something about contacts, but I don't take them apart so I'll take his word
for it. Missing motor drive cap and you can find these, unlike the one for
the OM 1s & 2s.  Also missing the little handle for the rewind knob.  Two
guarantees. 1) If not as described, not opened up by you or someone else and
returned within 10 days in the condition in which it was shipped, I refund
your money.  You pay return postage. 2) Send it to Camtech in NY or
Photosphere in Dallas to be fixed/CLA and if they say it is DOA/unrepairable,
have them return it to me and I'll refund the amount you paid. Both the
people at these companies are list members and authorized repair facilities.
They are the only facilities with which offer #2 will be honored. Both have
done great work for me in the past.  Camera body offered at $80 with postage
and insurance included.  I accept PayPal or Money Orders.  If a personal
check s the only thing that will work for you, that can be arranged with a
slight delay in shipment.  Bill Barber