[OM] [OT] re: Chuck Norcutt's choice of "atrocious"

Subject: [OM] [OT] re: Chuck Norcutt's choice of "atrocious"
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:49:39 -0400
Tris said:
Let's see. There was that note, and the most recent one this morning
from
Chuck Norcutt (which accuses me of authoring "atrocious" stuff) . . . I
wonder what's next. I would invite Mr. Norcutt to politely offer
specifics.
Good lord, Tris!  You really don't get it do you.  After being advised
by numerous people that the OT posts were getting out of hand and long
time, well respected members starting to leave; you defend your position
by attacking those same people as "intolerant" for wanting to return to
the purpose of the list. (see below).  I guess I could have said
"insensitive" but in another post you insisted on your "right" to post
off topic.  That's when I chose the word "atrocious".

Those who know me know that I frequently venture off topic as well.
But, if I'd been there so long that many well respected individuals were
asking me to turn it off I think I'd be astute enough to get the
message.  Sorry I had to be so blunt.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

Tris earlier said:
I disagree with Gary wrote, I dislike his method, but I understand his
position and realize that's just how it goes with some people, perhaps
many
people. It's called intolerance, not good from where I stand, but then I
can be intolerant when I want, too. But the thing is, short of violence
don't think intolerance threatens the end of the world, or even this
list.

Live and let live, I say.