[OM] (OM) 35-70/3.6 ($20) garage sale find : cleaning a dirty lens

Subject: [OM] (OM) 35-70/3.6 ($20) garage sale find : cleaning a dirty lens
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:45:02
I just found a 35-70/3.6, with hood, for $20 at a garage sale... A great deal, but the guy had an OM body in a leather case, with other items.... But when he looked for the case at his sale, it had been stolen... Oh well, I made out good, regardless.

Anyway, the lens has a fair ammount of dirt on the elements, and I'm looking for the best, least damaging way to clean a soiled lens.

ALL ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks, James.