Now [OT] [OM] Explosive Uses for canisters [was: New Delta 400 Packagin

Subject: Now [OT] [OM] Explosive Uses for canisters [was: New Delta 400 Packaging]
From: Steve Goss <steveg3@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:38:42 -0500
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I saw some kids doing the dry ice in film can
thing last summer and it's much less dangerous than you made it sound. These
kids ranged from mid-grade school down to upper toddler, and their parents were
enabling them.
How it worked: They would put a chip of dry ice into the film can, dump in a
little bit of water (to speed it up, I guess), slap on the lid, and put it on
the sidewalk lid down. After a varying amount of time the can would "pop", and
would fly about 10 to 15 feet straight up. Then the kids would grab the can,
and do it all over again. After a while, though, the cap wouldn't seal very
well, and you could see water fizzing out around the lid.

Kinda on topic remark: Sorry, didn't get any pictures, but if I had, they would
have been shot with an Olympus.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa