[OM] Flash sync 1/60th sec to slow?

Subject: [OM] Flash sync 1/60th sec to slow?
From: "Bolty" <boldbolty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 11:28:03 +1000
Does anyone know how to get the best out of my OM-10's flash sync of 1/60
sec? For candid shots in harsh sun using fill flash is an annoyance. I tend
to get sharp backgrounds but the subject is moving. Also (and my flash
technique may be wrong) I have to close the aperture right down to f22 or
f16 when using 100 speed film so that the background does not become
overexposed. The other problem then is the great depth of field makes it
harder to get  that nice soft background. Should I either look for shaded
areas or take a big reflector around with me to get over these problems?
Cheers Adam