Re: [OM] Re: OLy Items FS

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OLy Items FS
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:46:21 -0700
Dan:

As you have observed, they are a number of little gizmos need to use TTL
flash.

I suspect the original idea of the TTL connector was to give a more
secure connection than a slide-in adapter type unit could provide.   The
TTL Autoconnector 3 (for the OM-2) and TTL Autoconnector 4 (OM-1n,
OM-2n) replace the Show with a TTL connector on the camera body.
Beginning with the 2S, the connector is built in to the camera body. The
TTL autoconnector T20 was needed, because the T20 lacks a TTL socket.
The T32 corrected this problem, as it provided the missing TTL socket on
the flash end of the chain.

I don't think it's really as bad as it looks:

 OM-2: TTL Autoconnector 3 -->TTL Auto Cord T -->TTL Autoconnector T20
OM-2n: TTL Autoconnector 4 -->TTL Auto Cord T -->TTL Autoconnector T20
OM-2S: Built-in TTL connector -->TTL Auto Cord T --> TTL Autoconnector
T20

The TTL autoconnector T20 is hard to find.  Most people would use a T32,
or would use a Bounce Grip 2, instead of the TTL autoconnector T20.

I think at one time another manufacturer made a "duo-cord" that
functioned as you described.  I've never seen one in real life, but they
used to pop up on *-Bay every once in a while.

Bill Stanke