Re: [OM] Om 4

Subject: Re: [OM] Om 4
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 14:13:14 +0200
Smitty,

If you're really lucky this might help: tighten the screws in the bottom plate. They _might_ be a little lose so correct contact is not made. (Had the problem myself) In worst case it sounds like a faulty circuit. That can be exchanged though, for the newer 4Ti circuit. Don't know if it's cost effective, but you'll get rid of the battery drain at the same time :-)

Henrik Dahl
PS Of course you're not trying with shutter at red B or 60, right?
PPS No offense, but didn't you try the camera before buying it? eBay?

  Hello again,
I recently purchased an Om 4, I've just gotten it and I have been playing with it trying to figure it out. My biggest problem is I can't see the scale in the camera. I put in new batteries and when I first looked through it I saw a real bright scale, but no shutter speed indication. I depressed the shutter release and my bright scale disappeared, never to come back. What I can make out looks like a negative, it's kind of blue and real faint. Does it sound like there is something wrong with the camera or am I doing something wrong. HELP!!!

Smitty