Re: [OM] One camera, one lens

Subject: Re: [OM] One camera, one lens
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:39:37 +0200
The OM-4T and a 50 1.4 >1000 000 ( which I don't have but could afford after selling all the stuff I'm not allowed to use - sob...) I learned the basics of photography with a 50 mm and still think it's the most versatile lens.

In reality my favourite set that I use right now is:
OM-4T for colour
OM-4 for B/W
24/2.8 w hood
50/1.8 w hood
85/2 w hood
A circ polarizer
A contrast filter for B/W
One micro table tripod

Pretty basic and "clean" system (IMHO) that fits the tiny little bag I have. When I can afford a BIG camerabag I will of course also put down all the lenses and filters and other things that I never use.

Which leads me to another question (yes I've scanned the archives for this one, don't flame me for this): Why shouldn't I use the 50/1.8 slip on hood on the 85/2? It has to do _some_ good, and I like the hood for letting me use a cap (it's also very stylish :-))

Henrik Dahl