[OM] No peace here

Subject: [OM] No peace here
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:40:06 -0400
Fellow Zuiks,

I have been a bit out of touch lately with my professional life turned
upside down given the recent events in the US. I work for a financial firm
on Wall Street and we still have 4 buildings without power and running on
generators. I have only been able to go back to my office today and only for
15 minutes to pick up a few needed items. My life has been crazy trying to
keep our data centers alive and executing our technology contingency plans.
It has been a very trying week.

As things are *slowly* starting to settle down, I am starting to catch up
with the rest of my life. I started to read the list messages and found yet
another round of bickering and petty fighting. Another round of valuable
contributors leaving as a result. I once looked forward to reading the
latest posts, but not anymore. It's not because of the OT posts (which
admittedly can get out of hand sometimes), but it is the intolerance of each
other that has developed. In a small way this list has mirrored what is
going on in the world.

No, I won't take my marbles and leave, but I will sift a lot more lightly
through the messages - if at all. I never really had the chance to become a
"valued contributor" as I only recently (less than 1 year) learned
photography. I was hoping to change that as I learned from all of you. I
chose the OM system for all of the same reasons every one else here did. Too
bad that passion seems to be fading.We should remember why we are here -
because we all have at least one thing in common:

Remember the feeling every time you pick up your favorite body?
Remember the giddy feeling when you score a "Doris"?
Remember the delight you feel when you mount a new lens or new piece of
gear?
Remember the satisfaction you have each time you fire the shutter?
Remember the pride you feel when you examine a newly developed set of prints
that came out perfectly?

This list was a great value to me. I hope it will remain that way. I'll keep
an eye out for the ghost of Oly past.

Regards,

Mike V. <><