Re: [OM] B&W thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W thoughts
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:28:35 +0200
Ken
Interesting thoughts on grain, grades and choise of film. I also think keeping variables to a minimum helps. Learn to master one thing then go experimenting, is what I learned in the theatre academy. Should apply to photography also (or?). I'm a Tri-X guy because I like 'em a little grainy :-) My "darkroom" is in the bathroom which makes my sessions pretty dependable on my wifes "sessions". I get the film developed in a nice and fairly cheap pro-shop, buy the paper and developer he tells me to and make a couple of nice pictures now and then. They actually used one of the B/W's I took in Gothenburg during the EU riots/demonstrations in the newspaper, so I guess it all depends what you strive for.

Regards and all the luck to you and your wife. I can't pray, but I'll hold my breath for you both.
Henrik Dahl