RE: [OM] How to show off pictures?

Subject: RE: [OM] How to show off pictures?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:07:25 -0600
> Picturetrail lets you block their ability to copy the pic
> with the right-hand mouse button if you like..up to you..

 Just as a minor warning, this 'blocking' only applies as long as you have
JavaScript turned on. If you want to download pictures like this, turn
JavaScript off, voila, no more right-mouse trapping. (or just do View Source
and grab the picture directly).

 Obviously you shouldn't rely on anything on the web not getting used
elsewhere, but this particular sort of blocking is more ineffective than
most. (if you _do_ want to make it awkward for people to get, I've seen some
places have the image embedded in a tiny Flash animation; that way you only
download the .swf instead, which is a lot more fiddly. Use screen-capture to
get around that, or I'm sure there's Flash disassemblers around).

 -- dan